Can I believe it? Yes I can. I knew this birthday was going to be as hard as your first. For Mommy, of course. I just cannot believe how unbelievably wholesome we are with you in our lives. You have added so much sunshine, laughter, silliness and happiness to our family. You are an amazing human being already. Your confidence and perseverance are just little glimpses of what you will be like as an adult.
(this was immediately after you woke up this morning)
It is amazing how much you have grown the past year. From your shoe size to your shirt size and the number of words in your sentences to the number of colors you know. So, so, so amazing to watch you grow and learn. I love being a part of it too. I love witnessing something "click" inside your little head and I cannot wait to continue to witness more.
Now for the stats:
Shoe size: 6
Weight: 28
Height: 33? (I can't remember)
Shirts: 24 months/ 2T
Pants: 24 months
Colors you know: red, yellow, green, purple, white, orange, blue
You can count to: 14 by yourself
Songs you can sing on your own: ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Avett Brothers 'I and Love and You' (we are actually thinking about taking the video we have and sending it to the band), Itsy Bitsy Spider, Happy Birthday (you have been singing this all week to yourself)
Favorite Books: Jazz Baby and Bittle
Favorite Toys: your "new" bike from Kendall and also your sand table
Teeth: You are only missing the top two , two-year molars
You can out your pants on all by yourself and take your shoes and socks off by your self.
You LOVE being outside and now that it is later longer, I have a feeling your bedtime will change, permanently! We planted our annual cilantro and basil and flowers and you dug right in. You love the dirt but hate the dirt. Let's see if that changes!
Well Happy Birthday, Little girl. Mommy and Daddy love you so very much and could not picture our life without you in it. You are two and officially a toddler! Time sure does fly by.
Love you,
Mommy


Came across your blog via my Google Reader's recommendations. Your daughter is adorable! I've been keeping the 'stats' for my boy as well, but thought about ending it now that he's one. But you changed my mind with this post. I'm definitely going to keep going. :) Thanks!
ReplyDelete