Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Being a Mommy

I just wanted to take this time to share how special I feel being a mommy. I always knew that this next journey that Justin and I would take with Connor would be great but never as fulfilling as I anticipated. When she wakes in the morning and I peek my head over the crib slowly to see her great big beautiful smile, it calms me. It gives me a sense of confidence that I (we) are doing something right.

I hate that I have to go to work every day but am at peace when I am there because I know that Connor is in good hands, both with her daddy and grandma. I never even take into account how much time Justin and I spend in the car dropping off and picking up during the week. I don't because every time I am doing so, I am thinking how thankful we are for having such a wonderful family to help us. In the 40 minutes it takes to pick her up, I find myself speeding because I can't wait to see her. I can't wait to hold her in my arms. This feeling, like many others, is what completes me. When a little being, that you created, makes you the happiest and most fulfilled you have ever been, you feel special.

No comments:

Post a Comment