Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July


It was a little different this year heading to Columbus to celebrate the 4th. Justin and I usually sit at the pool all day in Atlanta with friends. We had a blast though. I love hanging out with my family. We have a lot of fun and it seems as Justin enjoys himself as well. We only went up for the day because Connor had not been sleeping well at night and we thought it would be best to keep her at home. We headed down Saturday morning and then came back Saturday night.

We swam all day, ate a huge lunch and then enjoyed the fireworks in downtown Columbus. It was great because Kendall and Juliette could run around and the older kids could kick around the soccer ball or throw the football. I wanted to run around with the kids and kick the soccer ball but Justin said that I might look a little silly. What if I had fallen when trying to make a move? That would have been extremely embarrassing so I refrained from the activity.

Connor was such a trooper. She doesn't nap well either when we are not home so I was nervous about how she was going to be at the end of the day. She slept about 2 hours the whole day (she usually sleeps about 5) and did not even make a peep when we were at the fireworks. She just smiled at whoever was talking to her. What a day! All in all, Connor enjoyed her first 4th!

No comments:

Post a Comment