Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Fall and My new jogging stroller!


I am super excited about fall. It is my favorite time of year because you have a great mix of weather. I especially cannot wait for this time of year because Connor is older now, wiser and more mobile. This helps us plan to do fall things. I have two costumes for her this year: one a ladybug and one a clown. We are probably going to go with my parents again to the Smyrna United Methodist Fall festival again and we will also trick-o-treat with our neighbor so she will get to wear both!

The clown costume is actually from a friend whose mom made it for her little girl. The ladybug costume is still in the works... actually, I am not creative so I am leaning on my friends for their help. I know they wouldn't allow Connor to be a jacked-up ladybug so we are in good hands. :)

This weekend we may be having a pumpkin carving contest with our friends. I will post The Horton's winning pumpkin on Monday, after the competition and after everyone has had a chance to let it soak in. Hehe.


My new jogging stroller is absolutely wonderful! What I did find out though is that my arms were jello well before my legs ever were. I had to stop and let my arms just dangle for a minute but I am sure it is just something that I will have to get used to. Either that, or I need to build more strength in my arms! Ha!

Anyway, I love, love love jogging at the polo fields by my house. It is a wide open field, they have horses and when we bring Oscar he can play in the creek. It is a private residence that allows visitors and dogs as long as they don't mess with the horses. Now that it is fall, I will be going there more often because it is nice and shaded in parts too.

Connor enjoying her new stroller while eating a snack with Carol, her baby doll.

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, you are going to wish I hadnt read this before I went out to buy your pumpkins! I would never let Connor be a jacked up ladybug, but I WOULD buy you a jacked up pumpkin :)

    ReplyDelete