Ah! It has been so crazy busy around here! This week, especially. Anyway, Connor is now 20 months old and even more fun than 19 months old. This blog post is going to be short and sweet because as crazy as the week has been, this weekend is even crazier.
She is so amazing. So much fun and with so much personality. We have started time out and even though she has only been in time out four times, it has made a lasting impression because she now puts Carol, her baby doll in timeout. So funny. She definitely understands that when we do say no, it is for a reason. She really likes turning the stove knobs when I am cooking. She will look at me, turn the knob all the way up, and then run to the living room. It is so hard because she is so darn cute that when I do have to put her in time out for turning the knobs, I spend half of the time reminding myself that this is a discipline tactic and I shouldn't take it so lightly. I guess I am learning...
STATS:
Shoe size: 5 1/2-6
Diaper: 3 but we will be moving to a 4 once this pack is done
Clothing: 18 months and then 24 months with sleeves rolled up and pants legs tucked in (only because I will not buy winter clothes that will need to be replaced with a bigger size next month.)
Bedtime: 7:15-7:45 and sleeps until about 6 MAYBE 6:15 with about a two hour nap during the day
Favorites: Pink blanky and pink teddy
Obsession: Carol, her baby doll. She has just taken an interest in rocking her, changing her diaper and feeding her. Good to know that the kitchen set she will be getting from Santa will come in handy :)
She loves painting, coloring, playing with playdoh and reading
She has peed on the potty 2 1/2 times (hehe) and loves to do her "naked dance" which involves her slapping her bottom and belly and shaking from side to side
When you give something to her that she has asked for she always says, "Thank you Mommy/Daddy"
I can't even tell you the number of words she says: it seems as if she shares a new word learned everyday.
She can sing A,B,C and then will listen to you while you sing the rest until you get to W, that letter she chooses to pronounce.
She can count to 1. Ha! It is so funny but I guess you have to start somewhere!
She can take her shoes off but is still learning to put them on.
She absolutely loves to be outside, playing.
Connor,
Mommy and Daddy talk everyday about how much you are growing and changing and how much you continue to amaze us everyday. Your bright, happy and fun personality continues to warm up every room you occupy, even when you are throwing a "fit". And I put that in quotes because your Aunt Kerri does not constitute your tantrums as a true tantrum. She says that Kendall and Juliette have obviously not shown you how to really throw a tantrum. Hopefully, that is one thing that you do not pick up from those two precious girls.
We love you, little girl. Continue to amaze us. We look forward to it everyday.
Love,
Mommy, Daddy and Doodle
Isn't this age so fun!? They learn so much every day. I will tell you that I never really baby proofed our house EXCEPT for the stove knobs. Safety 1st has some great knob protectors that are easy to use and keep them out of reach of those little curious fingers. I ordered mine on Amazon.
ReplyDelete